1. What is the function of "indexer" part of the Google search engine?
a. It helps to retrieve web pages from the World Wide Web
b. It helps to gather information from other search engines
c. It helps to sort the documents that Google has retrieved
d. It helps to generate meaningful results based upon the user's search term
2. Which of the following factors contribute towards link popularity of a website?
a. The number of websites that link to it
b. The number of pages of the website indexed by Google
c. The number of pages in the website
d. The quality of websites that link to it
3. What will happen it you type the words ‘Certification –Networking’ in the Google search box?
a. Google will find the web pages about Certification and also containing the word “Networking”
b. Google will find all the web pages containing the words “Certification” and “Networking”
c. Google will find all the web pages in which the words “Certification” and “Networking” appear together
d. Google will find the web pages about Certification that do not contain the word Networking
4. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to the description meta tag?
a. It should be about 50 characters in length
b. The description should not contain the keywords
c. If the meta description is not included, the search engine will use the meta keywords for information
d. Google uses the meta description to generate the search engine results pages
5. Why is it a bad idea from the seo perspective to host free articles and write ups that are very common on the internet.
a. Because they will not lead to fresh traffic
b. Because you could get penalized by search engines for using duplicate content
c. Because you will not get the benefits of proper keyword targeting
d. Because people could turn up claiming copy right infringement
6. Which of the following factors does Google take into account while assessing whether or not a website is an authority website?
a. The frequency with which the content of the website is updated
b. The number of web pages containing relevant information on the main theme of the website
c. The number of in-bound natural links related to the website’s theme
d. None of the above
7. Which of the following actions could you banned by Google?
a. Hiding text on the webpage
b. Stuffing keywords on the webpage
c. Linking to sites banned by Google
d. None of the above
8. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to the images within the webpage?
a. Images cannot be spidered by the search engines
b. Important keywords related to the image should be placed in the ALT text
c. Images should always be kept close to the top of a webpage
d. Image maps should be used while including the images
9. Do search engines such as Google detect unnatural linking patterns by checking the class C IP address of the page where the link to the website originates?
2: a, b, c and d
6: a, b and c
7: a, b and c